July 18, 2013

Loving Loafers


A beautiful & stylish pair of Free2BU loafers my sister bought at Edgars


Have you ever loved an item of fashion so much but just can't have it? ...most people would answer yes and further explain that it was due to the fact that fashion is sometimes just a bit too expensive. (Like a pair of Christian Louboutins, any pair, I just want those red soles!!!).... However, thanks to more afordable brands and stores replicating cheaper versions of catwalk trends, almost anyone can afford a pair of loafers. The unfortunate situation I am in is that I still haven't found a pair of loafers that looks good or acceptable on me. The pictured pair cost  a mere R100 and the owner can feel comfortably stylish in the company of the more fortunate (wearing Steve Madden loafers).

This raises the question: When must one accept that a fashion trend or item must be ignored? And when, like Tim Gunn would say, you have to 'make it work' ?
Fashion and individual style is all about taking risks and discovering the fashionista within while keeping an eye on trends (just as a guideline and suggestion), and exploring and figuring out what works for you and what represents you perfectly.

Now I ask myself, must I accept that my closet will never have a pair of loafers within? Or do I have to keep on looking and searching for that elusive pair that will look & feel perfect on my feet? ...I still do not know, but I'll keep you posted ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment